Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Traffic laws and enforcement
- Do you think traffic laws are necessary or are they just a way for the government to make money through fines?
- Do you believe traffic laws are enforced evenly among all drivers, or do you think some groups of people are unfairly targeted?
- What is your opinion on using red light cameras and speed cameras to enforce traffic laws?
- Do you think stricter penalties, such as higher fines or longer license suspensions, would be effective in reducing traffic violations?
- In your opinion, what is the biggest contributing factor to traffic accidents and fatalities?
- Do you think the cost of a traffic ticket is fair, or should it be lower/higher?
- Do you think distracted driving, such as texting while driving, should be treated more severely than other traffic violations?
- What is your opinion on laws that regulate the use of cell phones while driving?
- Do you think traffic laws should be more lenient for experienced drivers, or should everyone be held to the same standards?
- Do you believe traffic laws should be enforced more strictly in urban areas compared to rural areas? Why or why not?
- Do you think traffic laws should be standardized nationally, or should each state have the ability to set its own laws?
- What is your opinion on laws that allow police officers to pull over and ticket drivers for minor infractions, such as a broken taillight or expired registration?
- Do you believe the use of breathalyzers and other methods of detecting impaired driving is effective in reducing drunk driving incidents?
- What is your opinion on laws that require drivers to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks?
- Do you think traffic laws should be more lenient for new drivers, or do you believe they should be held to the same standards as experienced drivers?
More English Conversation Questions on Commuting