Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Jane Austen’s Romance Novels
- What is your overall opinion of Jane Austen’s romance novels?
- Do you believe that Austen’s portrayal of love and relationships is realistic or idealistic?
- How do Austen’s views on marriage and social class compare to modern society?
- What impact do you think Austen’s novels have had on the romance genre as a whole?
- Do you think Austen’s novels are still relevant today? Why or why not?
- How do Austen’s novels address gender roles and expectations of the time period in which they were written?
- Do you think Austen’s portrayal of women and their relationships with men is empowering or problematic?
- How do Austen’s characters’ relationships with their families influence their romantic relationships?
- Do you think Austen’s novels accurately represent the cultural and societal norms of the early 19th century?
- How do the themes of love, marriage, and social class play out in Austen’s novels?
- What do you think Austen was trying to say about love and relationships through her novels?
More English Conversation Questions on English Literature