Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- What is the main theme of “Pride and Prejudice”?
- How does the concept of pride manifest in the novel?
- What role do the characters’ social class and status play in the story?
- How do the characters’ attitudes towards marriage and relationships change throughout the novel?
- Do you think the gender roles depicted in the novel are realistic or problematic?
- How does the character of Mr. Darcy’s change over the course of the novel?
- What is the significance of the title “Pride and Prejudice“?
- What is the significance of the character of Mrs. Bennet in the novel?
- How does Jane Austen’s writing style contribute to the novel’s themes and overall tone?
- What do you think the novel is trying to say about the societal expectations placed on women in the 19th century?
- Do you think the themes of “Pride and Prejudice” are still relevant today? Why or why not?
More English Conversation Questions on English Literature