Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Shakespeare’s Tragedies
- What is your favorite Shakespearean tragedy and why?
- Do you think Shakespeare accurately depicted the human experience of tragedy in his plays?
- How do the themes of jealousy, power, and betrayal present themselves in Shakespeare’s tragedies?
- What is the role of fate and free will in Shakespeare’s tragedies?
- Do you think Shakespeare’s tragedies are still relevant today? Why or why not?
- How do Shakespeare’s tragedies compare to other works of tragedy, such as Greek tragedies or modern tragedies?
- What do you think is the most tragic moment in a Shakespearean tragedy?
- How do the characters in Shakespeare’s tragedies deal with their tragic circumstances?
- What is the role of the chorus in Shakespeare’s tragedies?
- Do you think Shakespeare’s tragedies are more about the characters or about the events that unfold?
- How does Shakespeare use language and structure in his tragedies to convey the emotions of the characters and the overall tone of the play?
More English Conversation Questions on English Literature