Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Gift exchanges and Secret Santas
- What are your thoughts on gift exchanges and secret Santas? Do you enjoy them or find them stressful?
- How do you decide what to get someone in a gift exchange? Do you try to get something you think they’ll like, or do you try to be more creative and get them something unexpected?
- Have you ever participated in a gift exchange where you ended up getting something that you really disliked or couldn’t use? How did you handle the situation?
- Do you think it’s fair to set a price limit for gift exchanges, or do you think people should be able to spend as much (or as little) as they want?
- In your opinion, is it more important to focus on the thought behind the gift or the actual gift itself?
- Do you think it’s okay to reuse gifts from previous gift exchanges, or do you think it’s important to always get something new?
- Have you ever been a part of a gift exchange where someone didn’t follow the rules (e.g., not sticking to the price limit or not getting a gift for the person they were assigned)? How did you handle the situation?
- Do you think it’s better to have a gift exchange with a group of close friends or with a larger group of acquaintances? Why?
- Do you have any gift exchange traditions that you and your friends or family follow?
- Have you ever been part of a gift exchange where the person you were buying for was really difficult to shop for? How did you come up with a gift idea for them?
- Do you think it’s okay to ask for hints or suggestions about what someone might want for a gift exchange, or do you think it’s more fun to be surprised?
More English Conversation Questions on Gifts