Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Music: Music and marketing strategies
- What role does marketing play in the success of a musician or music group?
- How has the rise of streaming services changed the way music is marketed?
- Do you think musicians should be responsible for their own marketing, or is it better left to professionals?
- What are some examples of successful music marketing campaigns that you can think of?
- Do you think music streaming algorithms, like those used on Spotify, have an impact on what music becomes popular?
- How do social media platforms, like Instagram and TikTok, influence the way music is marketed?
- Do you think music marketing strategies that rely on shock value or controversy are ethically justifiable?
- How do music labels decide which artists to sign and promote?
- Do you think the music industry puts more emphasis on marketing and image than on actual talent?
- What are some potential negative consequences of heavily marketing a musician or music group?
- How do music marketing strategies differ between different genres of music?
- Do you think music marketing should be regulated in any way?
- Do you think it’s possible for a musician to achieve success without a strong marketing campaign behind them?
- What are some ways that independent musicians can effectively market themselves without a major label backing them?
- Do you think music marketing has become more or less important in recent years? Why do you think this is the case?
More English Conversation Questions on Music