Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Music: Music and social justice issues
- What role do you believe music should play in addressing social justice issues?
- Have you heard any songs or seen any music performances that address social justice issues in a particularly powerful or impactful way?
- Do you think it’s important for musicians to use their platform to speak out about social justice issues? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about artists who use their music as a way to raise awareness about social justice issues, rather than just as a form of entertainment?
- Do you think music has the ability to bring about social change? If so, how?
- What are some examples of music that you believe has had a positive impact on social justice issues?
- Do you think it’s fair to expect musicians to take a stance on social justice issues, or do you think they should just stick to making music?
- How do you feel about musicians who choose to stay silent on social justice issues, either intentionally or due to a lack of knowledge or understanding?
- What are your thoughts on musicians using their music as a way to raise money or donate proceeds to social justice causes?
- Do you think it’s possible for music to be both entertaining and politically or socially conscious at the same time?
- How do you feel about artists who incorporate social justice themes into their music in a way that some might consider preachy or heavy-handed?
- In your opinion, what are some examples of music that has had a negative impact on social justice issues?
- Do you think musicians have a responsibility to use their platform to promote social justice causes, or do you think it’s a personal choice that they should be free to make on their own?
- How do you feel about musicians who use their music as a way to address sensitive or controversial social justice issues, such as racism, sexism, or homophobia?
- Do you think it’s important for music to accurately reflect the experiences and struggles of marginalized communities, or do you think it’s okay for music to be more universal in its themes and messages?
More English Conversation Questions on Music