Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Social Media: Social Media’s Role in Activism
- What is your opinion on the role of social media in activism?
- Do you believe that social media has made it easier or harder for individuals to take part in activism?
- How has the use of social media by activists changed over the years?
- What are some examples of successful activist campaigns that have been organized or promoted through social media?
- What are some potential drawbacks to using social media for activism?
- How can social media be used to amplify the voices of marginalized communities in the activism space?
- What steps can individuals take to ensure that their social media activism is effective and impactful?
- What role do algorithms and the use of personal data by social media companies play in the spread of activist messages?
- How can activists protect themselves from online harassment and backlash when using social media for their campaigns?
- Do you think that social media activism can actually bring about real-world change, or is it just “slacktivism”?
- What is the responsibility of social media companies when it comes to supporting and promoting activism on their platforms?
- How can we measure the success of a social media activism campaign?
- How do social media activism and more traditional forms of activism, such as protests and boycotts, differ, and how can they be used in combination?
- What are some ways that individuals can educate themselves about social justice issues and become better allies through social media activism?
More English Conversation Questions on Social Media