Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Languages
- Do you think it’s important for everyone to learn multiple languages? Why or why not?
- Do you believe that certain languages are superior to others? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, should governments make an effort to preserve indigenous languages and cultures?
- What do you think are the benefits of being bilingual or multilingual?
- Do you think that language is an important part of cultural identity? Why or why not?
- How do you think language barriers can impact communication and understanding between cultures?
- Do you think that learning about other cultures through their languages is a good way to promote cultural understanding and tolerance?
- In your opinion, should schools prioritize teaching students about their own cultural heritage and language, or should they focus on teaching a global language like English?
- Do you think it’s important for people to learn the language of the country they live in, even if it’s not their native language?
- Do you think it’s important for people to try to preserve their cultural language and traditions, even if they don’t speak it fluently or use it on a daily basis?
- How do you think language loss affects a culture and its people?
- Do you think it’s fair for a dominant culture to expect minority cultures to conform and speak the dominant culture’s language?
- In your opinion, should there be efforts to promote linguistic diversity, or is it natural for certain languages to die out as others become more dominant?
- Do you think that language and culture are closely intertwined, or can they exist independently of each other?
- How do you think technology, such as translation apps, has impacted the relationship between language and culture?
More English Conversation Questions on Culture