Skip to content
English Conversation Questions on Culture: Social etiquette and customs
- What are some social customs and etiquette that are specific to your culture or community?
- Do you think it’s important to follow social etiquette and customs, or do you believe that people should be free to behave however they want as long as they aren’t harming anyone?
- What are some examples of social etiquette that you think are outdated or unnecessary?
- How do social etiquette and customs vary from country to country or culture to culture?
- In what ways do social etiquette and customs change over time?
- Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you weren’t sure what the social etiquette was, and if so, how did you handle it?
- What are some social etiquette and customs that you find particularly confusing or difficult to understand?
- How do you think social etiquette and customs can be used to reinforce power dynamics or oppress certain groups of people?
- Do you think it’s possible to balance respecting social etiquette and customs while also pushing for change and progress?
- How do you think social media has impacted social etiquette and customs?
- What are some ways that people can respectfully navigate social etiquette and customs that may be different from their own?
- Do you think it’s important to teach children about social etiquette and customs, and if so, how do you think it should be done?
- How do you think social etiquette and customs can be used to create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for people from different backgrounds and experiences?
- Have you ever experienced a situation where you felt like you were being judged or discriminated against because you didn’t follow certain social etiquette or customs?
- What are some ways that people can be more mindful and considerate of social etiquette and customs when interacting with others?
More English Conversation Questions on Culture